Aviation Communication Research Centre (ACRC)
ACRC was established in 2013 in Institute for Specialized and Intercultural Communication of the University of Warsaw in order to meet the increasing demand for research in the field of aviation communication – specifically to prevent misunderstandings in international aeronautical communication.
With input from aviation experts, professional organizations, researchers and partners, ACRC has selected the following research foci:
- English for Aviation Purposes (Aviation English)
- Intercultural communication
- Language related human factors
- Oral Aviation English discourse
- Training in Aviation English
The main objectives of ACRC are to:
- exchange research and scientific experience,
- promote dialogue between researchers, aviation staff and language trainers, and
- link theory and practice.
Only in this way will collected data provide support for the development of proficient Aviation Communication worldwide.